The day we’ve been waiting for is finally here and we are SOOO excited to start our journey. YEEHAW!
Before I go much further, I do have to “toot the horns” of those folks that have helped us make our adventures possible:
- Sew n Sews Upholstery in Searcy, AR: all our nifty upholstery work
- Prater-Built Cabinets in Cabot, AR: new benches, table-top, cabinet locks and lift-top table
- TLC Apparel in Jacksonville, AR: our cool ball caps, business cards and blog sticker for the back of our camper
- Graffiti Graffix in Jacksonville, AR: our cool t-shirts
- Roetzel RV in Searcy, AR: all kinds of camper stuff
- Greystone Medical in Cabot, AR: making sure we are healthy to hit the road
- Kehillat Yisrael in Sherwood, AR: tons of love and support!
Today we are heading toward Monroe, Wisconsin. Of course, it’ll take us a few days to get there, but our ultimate “first stop” is the cheese shops in Monroe…..especially those that specialize in Limburger cheese…Joe’s very favorite!
Limburger cheese? Yip, the stinkiest cheese EVER! EVER! A few years ago, a friend gave Joe some Limburger cheese and Joe wanted to make cheese dip. Sounds innocent enough, right? He put a big chunk in the microwave and 2 minutes later, the house reeked of Limburger cheese! It was the most horrible smell I could’ve ever imagined. Two week-old roadkill smells better than microwaved Limburger cheese. I am not joking! No amount of bleach, Lysol, candles or open doors could get rid of the disgusting stench in our house. Believe me, I tried EVERYTHING to get that smell out of my house. I really thought I was going to have to buy a new microwave. It was almost 2 weeks before the smell of stinky feet was finally out of the house. I warned Joe, that he will never, EVER be allowed to microwave Limburger cheese in our house….at least not as long as I’m alive. ’nuff said.
So, here’s our route for the next few days. Standby for photos along the way.